View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 06:59 PM

Wow, quite a discussion. I have a family member who does not believe the KJB to be the Word of God, and come to realize you cannot really reason with these people.

I got saved when I was a young boy, but did not live in a Christian home. I was kind of on my own. But I wanted to know God's word. I had an Aunt who sent me a Revised Standard Version I believe (it was many years ago, I am not absolutely sure of the version). I would read it for hours every day and tried as best I could to understand it. But I was constantly troubled by all the footnotes that said things like "better manuscripts omit this verse" and so forth. Man, I hated that. I wanted to know the truth. I wanted to know God's word. I used to pray and pray for God to show me the truth. Then one day I read Matthew 4:4:

Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

That was it! I saw the word EVERY.

Jesus was saying that we must live by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Now think about it, would it be fair for God to demand that we live by every word that proceedeth out of his mouth, and then not give us every word?

Would it? Would that be a kind and loving God? Would God put us here in a world of confusion and give us no way to find him?

And then, if we did not find this truth, sentence us to Hell?

No way. I knew right then and there that God's true word was out there for me to find. If God expects and wants me to live by every word that proceedeth from his mouth, then I knew he provided that word for me.

And God did provide his Word to me. It is the King James Bible. Yessiree, I am one of those dreaded KJBO or KJVO or whatever you call it. That's why I came to this forum, I tried a few others where there were all the elite intellectual types trying to disprove God's Word. They have their reward coming to them. These folks do not believe God's Word, they are full of pride, they think themselves more intelligent than simple folks like me who take God at his word. Their only motive is to try to prove to you that they more intelligent than us. FOOLS!

Proverbs 23:9 Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.

You aren't going to get anywhere with these folks.

And that fellow who keeps writing about the poor doesn't understand his Bible. He also takes those verses out of context.

Matthew 26:7 There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat.
8 But when his disciples saw it, they had indignation, saying, To what purpose is this waste?
9 For this ointment might have been sold for much, and given to the poor.
10 When Jesus understood it, he said unto them, Why trouble ye the woman? for she hath wrought a good work upon me.
11 For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always.

Jesus was not promising to preserve or keep the poor from generation to generation here. The disciples wanted to sell the ointment and give it to the poor. Jesus pointed out that he would be put to death in a short time, he would not be among them any longer, but the poor would always be around.

And God does not have to preserve the poor. There are many reasons for poverty. In this country most (but not all) are poor because they fail to work or save, or spend their money foolishly. Now, I know there are many who are poor because of sickness and even financial hardships not caused by themselves, but most of the poor are poor because of their own doings. We see immigrants who come here without a penny in their pocket and in a few short years are wealthy. So, in America anyway, there is no real reason to be poor. Other countries? Yes, war and corrupt govenments impoverish many.

But, I'm getting off the subject. Jesus was simply stating a FACT. The poor will always be here. He did not say "I will preserve the poor" or "I will keep the poor". This fellow is taking these verses completely out of context.

I am personally not too keen on elitist intellectual types. I believe in good old common sense. It is pretty easy to see where all these elitist folks are taking the economy right now. Yep, PhDs from Harvard and Yale, and they run a company into the ground. I am no scholar, but I have supported a family for many years and am not in debt whatsoever. These companies should hire some blue-collar types to run their companies, then maybe they would be making a profit.