View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 05:57 PM

Hodges is just nuts. He isn't even preaching ANY gospel. There is no death, burial or resurrection in his gospel. I don't think he stands for free grace. I think he stands for fire insurance. A man doesn't even need to know about the cross, sin, or the deity of Christ to be saved according to hodges. At the least, Macarthur and Ryrie are in agreement on the foundation of Christianity, that Jesus is God, born of a virgin, died for the sins of the world.

I know hodges believes them as well, but he denies they are part of the facts to be believed in when getting saved.

I don't know why you say very good though. Was I sitting an exam?

You may find this is not the forum for you friend, but you are most welcome. Do not be surprised when your reformed theology is rebuked, refuted and generally ignored.

Let me state this clearly though. We are NOT Arminian. We are mostly Bible Believing Baptists, although I believe there are a few Open Brethren on here as well. We believe, well most of us do, in Eternal Security of the Believer, and the FREE gift of God, received through faith in His Son Jesus Christ. We are dispensational in beliefs, and many of us respect the writings of Dr Ruckman.

Our dear brother Stephen is a mennonite and loves God dearly, and while he has had heated discussion with the forum over certain issues, he has done it in a manner of grace and love that is uncommon amongst many Christians.

So welcome to the forum