View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
I've spoken to people who make Gipp the subject, not his book. for some odd reason(I guess laziness)they prefer not to address the book point by point as most do not seem to have the wits to, but must undermine the messenger. The arguments I have seen are state accreditation of the school Gipp got his degree, if that is impeached his whole work is impeached, so goes the train of thought.

I guess that impeaches Simon Peter also, a mere fisherman, Matthew, who was an IRS agent and bookkeeper, and several apostles whose visible means of support are not named and a Nazarene carpenter of questionable parentage.

BTW, what is your IQ brother? It's important to know whether mines exceeds it or not.

Grace and peace

Tony
It is very simple for me. I have a large library. I believe in every book I have, the author if he has some credentials never fails to put where he got those credentials. When I received the book, having never heard of Gipp, I was immidiately curious as to where he got his degree. It is the only book I have ever read where I still can't find out where he got his degree.

As far as I am concerned, I don't care whether a Bible college or seminiary is accredited or not. I attended one that wasn't accredited at the time but in the 20 years since, has gotten accredited. Makes no difference to me as long as they have a sound doctrinal statement and have integrity to teach according to that doctrinal statement. I think it is great that a church would have its own Bible school. In my opinion, that would be a great function of the local church.

As far as your concern as to my IQ compared to yours, I am not sure of what you mean by that or the spirit behind it.

Pastor Pat