View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman View Post
On the other hand, your views on the Body or Bride thread is better and you have many scriptures to support your view. I do not know if I agree with you yet, I am still looking at the scriptures. But your argument was far more persuasive as you had some scriptures that just might support your interpretation.
A truly believing student of the Bible will have to change his views, especially when confronted by nothing but Scriptures.

I have given a testimony in one of the threads where on that issue ("Body or Bride") I have to change my position. Using typology from Adam to John, and using the Pauline epsitles, I was better in explaining my previous view. Now, he wasn't able to explain to me why he didn't believe it; all he gave me was a LIST of verses.

I looked at the verses so that I could convince him, but I ended up accepting the Scriptures over my "excellent" or "A+" explanations. In other words, no one sat down and convinced me to shift positions. No, I was simply confronted by nothing but a list of Scripture verses; that was enough to change position, from a "systematic theology" to "rightly dividing the word of truth".