View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlerMonkey View Post
I believe that God's written revelation to man was closed in c. AD 95 when John the Apsotle finished his writings, so based on that I see it as only logical that anything which came after that is not inspired by God. It may have God's blessing, as I believe the AV does, but it is not inspired. Because of that I conclude that the Hebrew and Greek are in fact the final authority.

Of course that is not to say that the AV isn't an amazingly accurate translation, clearly God's hand was upon the translators as they worked.
Brother Howler, Your first and last statement here are in direct contradiction. First you say that YOU "believe that God's written revelation to man was CLOSED in c. AD 95.... so based on what I see it is only LOGICAL that anything which came after that is not inspired by God." How can something "have God's blessing" but not be "inspired"? [Emphasis mine.]

Then you say "Of course that is not to say that the AV isn't an amazingly accurate translation, clearly God's hand was upon the translators as they worked."

Well, hmmmmm - how does the Bible DEFINE the Holy Spirit as being involved in something? Isn't that the "hand of God"?

2 Peter 1:21 - For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Notice: "...MOVED BY THE HOLY GHOST."

Do you actually doubt God's ability to provide His Holy Spirit to ensure accurate and dependable - INERRANT - translation of the Bible? That is what we have in the AV/KJV. It is a great blessing! And I won't take away from that fact!

Jassy