View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 06:58 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianT
Feel free to jump in, Vendetta Ride. I apologize if my posts sound like sniping. I have been trying to get Brandplucked to answer these questions for quite some time now, and that combined with what I felt was an annoying game (abandoning our original discussion, posting his response to me here, and not telling me about it) aggravated me a little and I let it show through in my comments. That's not an excuse, just an explanation. I will endeavor to keep 2 Timothy 2:24-25 and Galatians 5:22-23 in mind in future replies.
I did not intend my remarks to sound like a rebuke to either of you; I was simply taught that it was impolite to inject myself into the squabbles of others!

Quote:
If you want any background info on me or links to my websites, just ask.
Thank you: I will do that, at a later time. I prefer, when encountering someone in a forum for the first time, to regard them as tabula rasa, and let their words speak for themselves. I could not do that with Bro. Kinney (whose name I misspelled in my previous post).

I am still attempting to figure out exactly what your position is. You seem dubious as to the uniquely preserved status of the Authorized Version; I'm trying to understand why. Frankly, the notion that all of the modern versions could be equally reliable, or equally "preserved," does not seem to be the sort of thing that would commend itself to a rational mind.

As for that hoary old chestnut about "where was the Bible before 1611," I'm sure that it will be explained to your satisfaction shortly, by someone who really understands the issues. If not, I'll do it.

In the meantime, I'll just sit over here in the corner and observe.

Last edited by Vendetta Ride; 11-30-2008 at 07:13 PM.