View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
I must call attention to the Job 15:15 quote used by EasyE and supported by Chette. Please notice from whom the quote is given.
Remember at the end of the book, God Himself discredits the words of the men who spoke against Job, including Eliphaz. Therefore, the words of Eliphaz are not to be considered as fact, especially when not supported elsewhere in the Scriptures by a more reliable source.
Aloha brother Tim,

I am not taking sides in this debate, simply because there is so little to go on, but I do have a question to ask you: Can you cite anything (any "fact") that any of these men (Job, his three "friends", or Eliphaz) said or stated that was not true?

I did a study on the book of Job earlier this year and I found 175 things (facts) that most Christians today are ignorant of. Factually I could find no place where these men lied or were mistaken.

Where Job's 3 friends were "off", was in judging that Job's sufferings, trials, and tribulations were due to some "sin" in Job's life. They unrighteously misjudged Job's testing (and that's what angered God). Eliphaz "figured it out".

God didn't jump them because they had stated anything wrong (factually), except for the fact they they had misjudged what was going on in Job's life and attributed it to "sin" in his life (the makes God angry - something we should keep in mind when judging a fellow brother in Christ).

What most people don't realize is that these men were "Contemporary" with both Noah and Shem; and Noah had been "Contemporary" all the way back to Enos (Seth's son); That is Noah "bridged" the "gap" between Enos and Terah (Abraham's father).

The following "Tables" demonstrate why Job and his friends knew so much about God, the Flood, Adam, sin, etc., etc. (They were "contemporary" with the men who had gone through the Flood!):

TABLE SHOWING WHICH OF THE PATRIARCHS WERE
CONTEMPORARY WITH EACH OTHER – {Before the Flood}

ADAM was contemporary with: SETH – 800 years; ENOS – 695 years; CAINAN – 605 years; MAHALALEEL – 535 years; JARED – 470 years; ENOCH – 308 years; METHUSELAH - 243 years; and LAMECH – 56 years.

NOAH was contemporary with: ENOS – 84 years; CAINAN – 179 years; MAHALALEEL – 234 years; JARED – 366 years; METHUSELAH – 600 years; LAMECH – 595 years;

SHEM was contemporary with: METHUSELAH – 98 years; LAMECH – 93; years

TABLE SHOWING WHICH OF THE PATRIARCHS WERE
CONTEMPORARY WITH EACH OTHER – {After the Flood}

NOAH was contemporary with: SHEM – 448 years (total); ARPHAXAD - 348 years; SALAH – 313 years; EBER – 283 years; *PELEG – 239 years; REU – 219 years; SERUG – 187 years; NAHOR – 157 years; TERAH – 128 years.

SHEM was contemporary with: ARPHAXAD – 438 years; SALAH – 433 years; EBER – 435 years; *PELEG – 239 years; REU – 239 years; SERUG – 230 years; NAHOR – 148 years; TERAH – 205 years; ABRAHAM - 150 years.

ABRAHAM
was contemporary with: SHEM – 150 years; ARPHAXAD – 88 years; SALAH – 118 years; EBER – 175 years; REU – 18 years; SERUG – 41 years; TERAH – 75 years.

I have more information on my web page under "Bible Lessons" - "The Most Extraordinary Man In The Bible".

Job probably lived somewhere between Peleg and Abraham {Because of Job's age - that is Job lived longer than Abraham but less than Eber, Salah, and Arphaxad}

Once people realize that Job and his friends were contemporary with both Noah and Shem, it's not that hard to understand why they "knew so much" about the past {They spoke about the "ancient" and the "very aged" - "much elder than thy (Job's) father".}

If you know of any "factual errors" in any of the statements made by Job, his 3 "friends", or Eliphaz - I for one would like to know what they are.