View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 08:50 PM

Hi Folks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjvisit
May I step in as a newbie here and further suggest that any attempt to define/understand a word/phrase in the AV by going to the Greek and Hebrew only opens a "pandora box."
KJvisit .. Some of this I discussed on page one, so I will try from a different perspective.

Personally I believe two things are being moshed up.

One is how the church is under the authority of the word of God. For that context, no need for Greek, Hebrew, Aramaic. A preaching, a teaching, a word, a study ... all English (King James Bible) all the time is 100% very fine.

The other is how we defend the King James Bible in the public arena. Dissassembling the weak arguments of the no-pure-Bible folks has strengthened my faith in the word of God, the King James Bible. Including the dozens of times when I went on little travels through the realms of lexicons and other language issues. I always end up amazed how simply and powerfully the King James Bible "got it right". As a side benefit some churlish snarling skeptic is sent a-packing. Apparently God has honored my novice attempts to understand a bit more about the King James Bible, including the source texts. And those wonderful articles of others like Will Kinney and Marty Shue who use a bit of language background (more than I have) combined with study and heart and prayer and anointing, to daily refute the bumbling scattershot attempts of the no-pure-Bible folks.

Shalom,
Steven