View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 02:57 AM

[QUOTE=fundy;

Hey PB I thought "North to Alaska" would be one of your favourites..

fundy[/QUOTE]

Naaa --- That was not... ummm shall we say, one of John Wayne's more Memorable films.

On a serious note; There is a very good book written by a Pastor Karody (The Late)---Titled: "On To Alaska".

He came up here before Statehood. He and wife/kids started in a car in Kansas (just about the center of the Country) and drove up through Canada. He was a Pastor with The Church of the Nazarene.

Great story on many levels. Missionary wise/Pastor-Family wise/ Eating Moose donated courtesy of the local Alaskan Railroad man who knew they were in need of food--- Oft times the Moose will attempt to attack the train...with the same result each time.--- Crunch! / Church building-Congregation building/ Dealing with local government officials/ Plus some good Adventure stuff that most folks who attend mega-churches with Big Screen- TV's and refreshment stands wouldn't or couldn't deal with.

You (anyone) don't need to be a Nazarene Church member to enjoy this book. I don't know if it still is in print anymore... Check with the Nazarene Publishing House in Kansas City, or maybe Beacon Hill Pubs. ?? ... It's been many years since I read it.

{ Oops--- a bit "Off Topic" but I trust the Thread Starter will not mind. }