Thread: The sons of God
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
Craig, as I said to Jen, I've unsubscribed from the thread, and addressed her question on Genesis 3 out of courtesy and friendship. I made my position known on the sin nature of Christ whatever theological entity may have originated the phrase and do not wish to argue the point. I've said all I know to say on the issue of the fornicating angel legend and you all will enjoy the thread a lot more without me because I am a Pauline dispensationalist and there may well be half-demon/half Satanic X-Files creatures running around with respect to Satan's war on Israel in OT times and in the Tribulation. Paul tells us that principalities and powers were shown the door by Christ's work on Calvary and that what demonic activity God has allowed is in opposition to Paul's message of Grace, his primacy as the Apostle for today; in other words, words, not Vampires & Werewolves For Lucifer. We, not me alone, we have been given the Great Commission of Acts 9:15 as chosen vessels to bear Christ's name to Gentiles, kings, and Jews as ambassadors for Christ and ministers of the reconciliation, not ministers of exorcisms, occultic studies, and angelogical anatomy.

Christ's sinless nature and the avenue of the Adamic sin nature from the seed of the male are two precepts I absolutely will not move from or compromise on. The passage of this corrupt nature from father to child is obvious. Christ was fully human and was tempted, indeed He was led of the Spirit into the wilderness expressly for that purpose according to the Scriptures and not to demonstrate to me or any of us His attributes, I believe Him without demonstration, but to fulfill the love of Son to His Father and to also demonstrate to Satan, New Sheriff In Town, your time is short.

To me, any hint that Christ had the nature and capacity to commit sin is a heretical doctrine from the bipolar mind of Ellen White of the SDA, as heretical as Bullinger's soul sleep and Universal salvation of lost sinners in hell(along with demons). As heretical as the current "original manuscript" fraud sweeping IFB and Grace churches and the "kenosis theory", that Christ "emptied Himself" of His attributes of Deity that's hovering on the edges of the Grace Movement. "Heresy" is an offensive word and at the same time one Christians are scared to death of due to the Catholic Church having associated it with killing people. "Angels in Genesis 6". Is that a heresy? No, it's like soldiers arguing over the correct color of a rifle strap in combat. Christ having the nature and capacity to sin? Yes, heresy. Not a new thing. I had Charles Finney's autobiography once, the very first sentence he wrote, "America is a paradise of heterodoxy(heresy)". That was well over 100 years ago.

Now, you all discuss the topic(s) raised in this thread to your heart's content and have fun, it's just a dead-end precept with no resolution to me personally Craig.

Grace and peace brother

Tony
Jesus did not have a sin nature. The Bible (KJV) mentions no such thing. It is in the NIV, but I'm not going to insult you by implying that you give any kind of credence to the NIV because I know you don't even though you've tried to insult me by connecting what I've said with various heresies that's come down the pike.

Once again, our problem is the flesh.
But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. (James 1:14-15)

And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. (Genesis 3:6)

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. (1 John 2:16)

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. (Galatians 5:16-17)
Jesus did not have a sin nature, but he did take on a body of flesh and blood like ours. He was God before he took on flesh, he was God during his time on earth, he was God after his ascension. He always has been, now is and forever will be God. Why did he take on a body of flesh and blood?
Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted. (Hebrews 2:14-18)

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. (Hebrews 4:15)

The Bible makes reference to 4 persons or groups as the son of God or sons of God.

1. Jesus - Mark 1:1, John 20:31
2. Adam - Luke 3:38
3. Believers - John 1:12, Romans 8:14, Philippians 2:15, 1 John 3:1, 1 John 3:2
4. Angels - Job 1:6, Job 2:1, Job 38:7

I think it's safe to say you can eliminate the first three as having reference to Genesis 6. That leaves number 4. I personally do not believe the events of Genesis 6:2 will happen again.
And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. (Jude 6)

For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; (2 Peter 2:4)