View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 11:30 AM

Revangelist wrote: When you need to go outside of Scripture to substantiate what you believe, and not just the Bible itself, that's a big problem. Since I (and many others around here) don't speak Hebrew or Greek, that offers no proof at all. The KJB says what it means and means what it says. Maybe how one understands it differs, but, you certainly don't need another book to substantiate it.

Since this is Resurrection weekend, I will assume your answer was given while you were full of the love of Christ The question was regarding the CCM movement and the thread evolved into the use of it in Church Worship. I am not supporting my own beliefs, I am a Baptist minister, and we have a piano and organ in our Church, with which we sing from the Hymn Book. I thought Adam Clarkes' thoughts about music were profound, considering it was written around 1826, especially when you see where this CCM movement has gone and where it is headed. His fears that music in the wrong form would produce a fleshly emotionalism that would not be pleasing to the Lord have, in my opinion, come about with many of the "Mega Churches" and their style of "Worship". Bible reference:

Mt 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mt 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mt 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

I fear many of the Mega Churches will fall into this category [not judging, I'm just looking for fruit]

I have always and always will be KJV, and I have a long story behind that, but
as far as your quote "we have a big problem when we turn to other sources, The KJ says what it means and means what it says", I would like you, under those guidelines, for you to explain to me the following verse: Deuteronomy 23:2--
Remember, no outside sources!!

I know we have the Holy Spirit to guide us in life and in study, but someone with a screw loose could take that verse and really do some damage to the Kingdom of God; I feel so blessed that I found Brandons Swordsearcher on the internet back in 1997, and I have it yet today and it is a blessing to me in helping me study to show myself approved. God bless