View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 03:23 PM
Pastor Mikie

Can you give me some Biblical references? I disagree with you. Maybe you don't like rap music (and it isn't something I like too much), but somehow, I don't think that God would be against it just because it's Rap. It's a matter of personal preference.

Someone did an "interpretive dance" at a church I was at. The only problem with it is the woman was inappropriately dressed. If she would have been modestly attired, it would have been glorifying to the Lord. But, we Christians are sinners saved by grace. We all could use a little more "sanctification" in regards to our behaviour. So, applying that to the "rap music", there is a propensity for Improprieties that are the fault of the people involved.

Take tennis: somehow the standard dress is for women to wear revealing clothing. Same with track, swimming (especially swimming), ballet, etc. The problem isn't with people running, swimming, tennis and such. It is that somehow some inappropriate standards have also been applied that really aren't necessary for the activity to be done.

So, with music, the same thing has happened. Certain criteria has been heaped in with it that makes it a problem. God created music. The devil seeks to pervert it. As a Christian musician, my desire is as I stated previously. Both my wife and I dress in a manner so as to not draw attention to our bodies. We don't perform music that would cause people to have wrong desires (at least that is our goal, haven't had a problem that we were aware of).

So rap in and of itself is of no consequence.

Romans 14:14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

Last edited by Pastor Mikie; 03-03-2008 at 03:27 PM.