Thread: Love & Race
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post
That's the wrong question. The question is, is it unbiblical? Since our apostle is Paul, and Paul specifically said there is no difference between the Jew and the Gentile for us now, what basis is there to discourage people from marring people with different levels of melanin in their skin? A bunch of lines of reasoning directly contradicted by Scripture (Boaz, Moses, etc)?

It is an untenable position to hold! There were no "white Americans" in Acts 17:26 -- what does it have to do with who someone marries? -- since there was no "american nation" to speak of, where do we go to marry? What do you suggest someone who is the son of "mixed races" go for a spouse?

This is all confusion -- races are not nations. Applying the rules of separation for the nation of Israel under the law to someone today based on what color their skin is is confusion in the highest order.
Brother Brandon, my father's family were Highland Scot descended from Charles and Mary Stuart, and on into the Bourbon kings of France, who were Gauls. The Gauls were ultimately traced as having their foundation in the Scythians. I'm a blood-mad pillaging barbarian on Dad's side.

My mother's family were Irish, my maternal grandfather was 1/4 Cherokee Indian, my maternal grandmother was 1/4 Shawnee Indian. Geneologically therefore, I am a mess.

Question(I hope you see the sarcasm): Who am I qualified to marry, and what are the "bounds" of my habitation?

1Sa 16:7 But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.
Joh 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
2Co 10:7 Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? If any man trust to himself that he is Christ’s, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ’s, even so are we Christ’s.

Brother, I thank we 'ur jist 'bout ready tah refight the Civil War agin h'yar in the forum.

Grace and peace

Boneswall Jackson