View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 08:18 AM
Scott Simons

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
The following essay is the reason why I believe that the King James Bible is God’s Holy Word: Preserved by God – Perfect, Holy, Infallible, Inspired and Without Error. I do not hold this belief because some man or men "convinced" me. I hold this conviction because of What God demonstrated to me from “the scripture of truth” in regards to His Attitude towards His words.

[FONT=Georgia]The danger in embracing this “belief” or holding this “conviction” based only on the testimony and/or persuasive arguments of men is that – other men may come along who are more articulate, and more persuasive and more convincing than those men that convinced you, and talk you out of your “belief” or “conviction”. (In the last 40 years, I’ve seen it happen – more than once!)

Aloha Brother,
This is great, I am glad the Brandon made it a sticky. What I found to be the most profound was the warning or danger that men arguments can persuade you if you do not put these things in your heart.

My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise. Psalms 57:7

What a great revelation.

Aloha
Scott