View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 03:25 PM

Quote:
That therein lies the problem. You don't see the difference between the two kingdoms that Christ came and preached about. Jesus preached about the kingdom of God and the kingdom of Heaven, and while it may seem they are one in the same because sometimes He speaks of them interchangeably, they are two different worlds. The kingdom of God is a spiritual kingdom and the kingdom of Heaven is a worldly physical kingdom.

Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

Did the angel Gabriel lie when he said that Jesus will rule on the throne of David which is on earth in Jerusalem? I mean if the kingdom of God is within us, why would Jesus need to rule on the physical visible throne of David? I mean even Jesus himself said that His kingdom is not of this world, so why is this angel Gabriel going around saying that He is going to inherit David's kingdom on earth?
I am not confused. I believe the Lord Jesus will return at the end of the tribulation and rule over his kingdom. This will be a literal kingdom you can see with your eyes.

What you are missing is what the Jews were missing, the kingdom of God which is within you. I believe this is all the believers of the church age indwelt by the Holy Spirit. You cannot see this kingdom with your eyes, but it is there.

Luke 13:28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.
29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.

Do you not see you are making the very same mistake the Jews made? They expected the Messiah to come and immediately set up his earthly kingdom. They did not know of the church age and tribulation that must come first.

When Christ speaks of weeping and gnashing of teeth, he is speaking of the end.