View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 11:28 AM
TimV

I skimmed through this thread, and if some one has already beaten me to it, I'm sorry. The only Scripture that deals with interracial marriage is here:

Quote:
Deu 23:3 "No Ammonite or Moabite may enter the assembly of the LORD. Even to the tenth generation, none of them may enter the assembly of the LORD forever,
Deu 23:4 because they did not meet you with bread and with water on the way, when you came out of Egypt, and because they hired against you Balaam the son of Beor from Pethor of Mesopotamia, to curse you.
Deu 23:5 But the LORD your God would not listen to Balaam; instead the LORD your God turned the curse into a blessing for you, because the LORD your God loved you.
Deu 23:6 You shall not seek their peace or their prosperity all your days forever.
Deu 23:7 "You shall not abhor an Edomite, for he is your brother. You shall not abhor an Egyptian, because you were a sojourner in his land.
Deu 23:8 Children born to them in the third generation may enter the assembly of the LORD.
Note Edomites are descended from Shem and Egyptians are from Ham, so we see the patter for marriage is culture rather than race. Scripture is blind to Darwinian racism. Anyone who has been in the land long enough for cultural differences to be understood by both families can marry regardless of race, with the two exceptions that came about by incest.