View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
T try their best to deflect you from something they are scared to death of: The Scriptures themselves.
this is so true. not just of so called believers. but I have experience this in the last 4 months a surprising phenomenon amongst men I had been witnessing to. when they here I am a Christians Pastor it seems like no big deal they like titles so for them it is nothing really. but as soon ans I quote scriptures and start focusing them on the sin and the truth of the Bible. they suddenly will say, "let's talk about it another time" or "there's no need to talk about that".

it is the first time since I was saved and been witnessing that I have heard that from men as I begin to touch the real problem of man sin and the truth of Gods word. They seemed to be literally afraid of the Scriptures.

One man asked if I had any single women in the States I could introduce to him. I said yes but that he didn't meet their requirements nor mine for me to recommend him. then I said all single Christians ladies I know want a man who is serving the Lord in his own life and fear God. I then began to explain that they want a man who has Jesus in their hearts and was leading the conversation to hopefully lead him to the Lord. I quoted one scripture to make my point.

Immediately he said "there is no need to talk about that". I have heard those same words from totally different men on at least four occasions since January

Last edited by chette777; 04-24-2009 at 09:57 AM.