View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
For any new members reading this, please be advised you cannot intentionally sit in judgement over the KJV on this forum, it won't fly here. Newcomers; please read the link below, probably should put a sticky like this over here on the Bible versions section, food for thought:
http://av1611.com/forums/showthread....3173#post23173
New members are given a link via email to the forum posting guidelines (which you can read by clicking FAQ above). I have become more strict about the Bible correcting issue over time, because I have learned what it does. As is my privilege as the one providing this forum, I have recently made it even more clear what won't be tolerated with regard to Bible correcting here. I made an example out of a Bible corrector just a short while ago -- I guess Howlermonkey wasn't paying attention.

When someone comes in the forum and wants to correct the Book and tell us why their private translation is better than the KJV, they are not here to learn, they are here to be didactic and to put themselves in judgment over God's word. I'll put up with it on occasion, but not when it comes to the Bible.

Hey, it's a free country (well where I live, anyway) and they can say what they want about God's book -- just not here, just not on my dime!