View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinvw View Post
Tony, I don't want to start anything about baptism, or any arguments or fights or anything. I'm just a little confused. The pouring of the oil was for the high priest. His sons were only sprinkled. Are you saying that everyone that the Holy Spirit was poured on is a high priest the same as Jesus?
No fight here brother, what the Scriptures say is the consecration of Aaron(high priest) and his sons(normal priests)in the water baptismal washings and their sanctification of the pouring of the oil(a type of the Holy Spirit) was identical.

God promised Israel, before Aaron and his sons ever became priests, that He would make Israel a "kingdom of priests" in Exodus 19. Look at the performance system Israel was under as the Chosen Nation: God says, you do this, I will do that. Don't do this, I won't do that. If Israel is going to lead the world, then they needed a period of time to train in God's Law. In Exodus 29 and 40 He tells Moses how to set up this priesthood. In Leviticus 8 Moses does it:

Normal Priests:
1. Water baptismal washing(consecration to be clean to wear the garments of a priest)
2. Pouring out of oil(a Bible type of the Holy Spirit, this is the second step, sanctification)

High Priests:
1. Water baptismal washing(consecration to be clean to wear the garments of a priest)
2. Pouring out of oil(a Bible type of the Holy Spirit, this is the second step, sanctification)

Jesus Christ As Israel's Great High Priest:
1. Water baptismal washing under John the Baptist(Matt. 3)
2. The literal sanctification in the Holy Ghost by God the Father(Matt.3), not in the OT "type", but what the type was a figure of and pointed to, the Holy Spirit.

Believing Israel Under John the Baptist, Christ and His Apostles:
1. Water baptismal washing under John the Baptist, Christ and His Apostles.
2. These converts did not receive the second act, sanctification, until after Christ died and was resurrected, because Christ was the Sanctifier and did not pour out the Holy Ghost as sanctification until Acts 2 Did this unknown group have then to be "rebaptized" at Acts 2?

No.

Acts 19:1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John’s baptism.
4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
7 And all the men were about twelve.

These are the twelve men, one for each tribe, who then laid hands on the converts of John, Christ and His apostles that were not present at Pentecost in Acts 2 and gave them their second act of sanctification, the literal Holy Ghost and not the "type" of the Holy Ghost, oil. A question comes up: Who are these "lost converts" I am talking about here and why were not all of John and Christ's earthly converts present at Pentecost?

I don't know why they weren't present at Pentecost, I do know 12 of them shows up in Acts 19, because if these 12 had been at Pentecost, they would have already had the Holy Ghost and known who He was.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and [U]ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost./U]

Believing Israel In Acts 2, the "kingdom of priests":

1. Baptized in water, consecrated as priests in the water baptismal washing of Lev. 8 and Matt. 3.
2. Jesus Christ as the great High Priest pours out the sanctification, not in oil, but what the oil typified, the Holy Ghost of God.

Kevin, if I am hammering home anything in my messages and responses, it's consistency:

Water first, oil second.
Water first, Holy Ghost second.
Consecration(water), sanctification(oil, Holy Ghost).

What I am teaching is something that goes completely across the grain from what nearly all of you have had for church doctrine all your lives. I know I am frustrating in going against this belief of all of you on water baptism. If I have, am now, and will continue to give you a gift, it's this: I am consistent, I'm not confused about this, I don't change in the middle of a discussion. If I am a pain in the neck, at least give me that much credit.

Note these similutudes:

Israel needed a cleansing washing.
We need a cleansing washing.

Israel's washing was in water.
Our washing is in the Blood of Jesus Christ.

Israel's washing was in water to make them clean in order to put on their priestly garments.
Our washing is in the Blood of Jesus Christ to make us clean to put on Christ.

Kevin, there is no "fight", for one thing, I do not expect you to understand this in one reading instantly. I don't expect anyone to do anything except what God tells them to. As I told Brother Parrish, God uses us in whatever sect or denomination we may belong to. He uses most of you who are Baptists. He used Billy Sunday to massive effect, Billy Sunday was a Methodist.

I've apologized to brother Parrish for my part of his and my contention in the water baptism thread and in others. Let be men and discuss this thread like men and do the same in the water baptism thread until we move on to other topics and discussions.

1Co 14:20 Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men.

Grace and peace Kevin

Tony