View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 11:43 AM
ok.book.guy

Quote:
Even today, the Greek text of Scrivener's (as presented by the Trinitarian Bible Society) is not exactly perfect,
Not being pushy, but this is still an unsubstantiated claim on your part. You may be right. I honestly do not know. But the project was a good one and he may have actually accomplished it. I'll continue to assume he was successful until you show me a case of his Greek that CANNOT under any circumstances be translated from the KJV the way he did.

Quote:
Just because the KJB is in English does not make it inferior to the Greek.
This is quite true and is the lesson that all modern bible correctors need to learn. Equally true, however, is just because the Scrivener TR is in greek doesn't make it inferior to the english.

Quote:
This discussion is leading also to another area: that since we do not have an exact TR, and the learning of the Greek is now deficient,
Again, this is your claim. You have not as yet proved your claim.

Quote:
it is now much better to teach foreigners and natives English, and give them the KJB, than it is to translate into their languages.
I believe this to be a false extreme. Its better to do for them what Tyndale did for us. . .translate the Scripture into their languages. You may do well to translate the KJV into other languages (this is all Scrivener did for his TR). Others will do well to translate their bibles into other languages.