View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 11:20 PM

I want to deal with Bible Protector's message and not get caught in an argument over Calvinism. When confronted with a deliberate aberration of Scripture in Luke 4, Christ "prooftexted" the contention and settled it once and for all, as Calvinism is settled once and for all by the Scriptures. Simply put:

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Any predestination is preceded by His foreknowledge, and I am only predestinated to be conformed to the image of Christ. God is not Baal, He did not cherrypick me at random. Case closed.

On James White, I'll give a background story. I debated a Church Of Christ pastor over two nights. It was generally accepted, even by several COC members who were there, that the debate was over 18 minutes into it. I pointed out that COC says one of the reasons we must be baptized in water is because "...Christ was...". I pointed out that was this baptism of Christ's a work of righteousness or unrighteousness? Of course it's righteous, God cannot sin. Jesus told John, we must needs fulfill all righteousness. It was then I brought up Titus 3:5 that obliterates the COC: Not by works or righteousness which we have done but through His mercy he saved us through the washing of regeneration, NOT WATER. As my 20 minutes drew to a close I told this young pastor, I want an answer to this question from your mouth tonight: Was Jesus Christ's baptism a work of righteousness or unrighteousness?

In two nights he would not give an answer. He tinkled brass about some private interpretation, some invention of the COC called Meritorious Works and Unmeritorious Works found in no version, good or bad.

One verse of Scripture destroys the COC, one verse of Scripture destroys James White.

I used to have time to argue with those followers of Eve in Genesis 3, but don't anymore. Like with Luke 4, James White's only foundation is that God inspired the "original manuscripts", what every Jesuit in this world believes, and one Scripture passage utterly destroys The Original Manuscript Fraud:

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Here is what White and thousands like him try to make you believe:

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the original manuscripts.

If the KJV is not inspired Scripture, if there is NO inspired Scripture anywhere, I am not saved. The word of God is inspired. Is White saying there is an uninspired "word of God"?

The solution to The Original Manuscript Fraud is simple: If only the original manuscripts are "inspired", there has been no salvation since these manuscripts deteriorated according to Romans 10:17.

Many of you have spent years studying manuscript evidence, like me, like Fuller, Ruckman, Hills, and Burgon. But I've come full circle. Manuscript evidence didn't pursuad me that the KJV was the word of God, INSPIRED, the Scriptures themselves did. I mean no offense, but we need to guard ourselves and remember in fighting dragons we may become one. There are many Professional KJV Critics, we must watch and not become Professional KJV Defenders.

I'll debate James White on Mars Hill, Lincoln Center, the inner city or the lowest trailer court with meth labs a cookin'. Watch God and seven verses of Scripture destroy the Alexandrian Cult, then we'll hit the streets and evangelize till dawn.

Grace and peace

Bones