View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 04:11 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
When a man dies three things happen instantaneously:

#1. His spirit departs the body and goes back to God, who gave it.

Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it

James
2:26
For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Ecclesiastes 8:8
There is no man that hath power over the spirit to retain the spirit; neither hath he power in the day of death: and there is no discharge in that war; neither shall wickedness deliver those
that are given to it.

Do you brothers think that unsaved men have a spirit?
If so, is it a living spirit or dead spirit?
We know believers have the Spirit of God.
I have Ruckman's sermon on Body Soul and Spirit, as I recall he says the unsaved man is like a flat tire, live body, live soul, and dead spirit. Now if these spirits are dead where are they going when they go back to God? Does God store these spirits individually or is it one human spirit, or breath of life? Just throwing it out there for discussion guys... here are some of my favorite verses, link at bottom with more:

Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth? (Ecclesiastes 3:21)

But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit. (1 Corinthians 6:17)

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Thessalonians 5:23)

http://www.godandscience.org/cults/manspirit.html

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 02-24-2009 at 04:26 PM.