View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLDurst View Post
I've always known and believed that Jesus died on the cross for my sins but I've never separated baptism from being saved. I was raised in a Pentecostal church . I don't recall ever being taught that one could be saved without being baptized. If one believes in Jesus Christ and accepts him as his Lord and Saviour but is never baptized where will he spend eternity?
You have to RECEIVE the Lord Jesus Christ as your Saviour.
John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

This is the "KEY" to understanding the Gospel of the Grace of God.
James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

There is a difference in believing ABOUT God; the Lord Jesus Christ; and the Gospel and beleiving IN Him! If you truly believe IN Him - you will TRUST him for your Salvation and He will save you. 1 Timothy 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

That's when you receive the Gift of God. John 4:10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.