View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 02:30 PM

TLDurst,

I am going to give you some Bible and break this down for you.

Eph. 2: 8 -10

Quote:
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
This is one of the best places you can study in the Bible to learn how to be saved.

For by grace, ( Grace means unearned favor. Unearned because our work are not good enough to be saved. ) are ye saved by faith. Faith is being a true believer.

Quote:
Heb 11:1

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
As you can see here this has nothing to do with a head faith, but a heart faith. Head faith example I believe that Jesus lived and died on a cross. Heart faith example, I believe that Jesus died for me. It changed my whole life. I have never been the same after I called on his name and ask him to save me from my sins. This covers faith and saved.

Not of works, lest any man should boast.

I can not work my way to salvation no matter what I do. Works like giving money to help folks. Helping little old ladies across the street or even religious works like going to church or getting baptized will not save me. many of these works are good, we could do all of these works and more. They can not and will not save me. I am a sinner because I have sinned. Only Jesus can save me from my sins.

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

When we get saved we need to do good works, not to get saved or stay saved, because we were created to do good works. This is the reason why we do good works. We all need to do good works. We also need to know that these good works have nothing to do with us being saved.

So read everything I have posted here. real my last post about God's simple plan of salvation. Jerry also made made a good post read it and think it over.

Jamie