Thread: The sons of God
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 03:23 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Bro. Parrish, Are you using the term "angel" to describe all the heavenly hosts? Are the four beasts of the Revelation a type of angel? They participate in the praises. In fact, they are in the center of the congregation doing the praising. The Scriptures distinguish them from angels.
Nope, stop the wagon brother...
let me clear; my statement reflects only the results for the KJV term ANGEL or ANGELS. Not beast, seraphim, cherubim or Mickey Mouse, just ANGEL or ANGELS.

Please notice Tim, in the passages you listed I do not see any BEASTS or other creatures singing or shouting for joy. Do you? Maybe they did sing, but I don't see it, and I haven't searched on that. I know that Cherubims had wings and were placed at the east of the garden to keep the way of the tree of life, I think they generally appear as guardians in scripture, but what difference does any of this make with regard to the topic? Some of your verses are not even talking about angels or beasts making sounds at all, for example you posted about singing in Rev. 14:3 but that is the hundred forty and four thousand singing...
please pay attention brother.

Quote:
My opinion is that these are the "sons of God" in Job 38.
Wait, stop the wagon again...
so for some reason you have come to the conclusion that the Seraphim and/or Cherubim are the SONS OF GOD in Job 38, you think the SONS OF GOD in Job 38 are "heavenly beings," but you refuse to accept the possibility that SONS OF GOD in Job 38 or Gen. 6 are simply—ANGELS? How many shades of private revelation are you using here brother?

Quote:
By the way, Bro. Parrish, I will return your question to you regarding Job 38... Who are the morning stars who sing? Stars did not come into existence until day 4. [note: No fair going to the Hebrew again.
Well no need for any Hebrew brother, I can cross reference my trusty KJV and see that ANGELS ARE CALLED STARS right here:

"The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches." - Rev. 1:20