View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008, 04:57 PM

LOOK 3467,

Quote:
Sorry you feel that way. But your right, you don't have to know anything you don't want to.
A word of caution:

God never said to rightly divide the "numbers" in the Bible - He told us to rightly divide the word!

God didn't instruct us to hide the "numbers" in the Bible in our heart - He wants us to hide His words!

God never said that His "numbers" shall not pass away - He said "my words shall not pass away"!

The Lord Jesus Christ never said: If a man love me, he will keep my "numbers" - "If a man love me, he will keep my words"!

I could go on and cite numerous other examples, but the above verses should clearly demonstrate what God emphasizes when it comes to the Scriptures. However I will give one more example to prove my point:

Psalms 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

Please notice - God did NOT "magnify" His "numbers" above His Holy Name - He "Magnified" His "word above all thy name". If God wanted us to spend all of our time in "numerology", why has He clearly put such emphasis on His Holy word and not on "numbers"? Hmmmm?

While "numerology" is interesting and it is clear to those of us who have studied, that God definitely has used certain numbers to fulfill His purposes, to get caught up in "numerology" will only "sidetrack" you from the study of God's word. Satan has a "device" to sidetrack anyone.

There are some people on this Forum who try to make God's word say something other than what it says by trying to convince us that the words really MEAN something other than what they SAY (by using "The Greek", "The Hebrew", Lexicons, Dictionaries, Christian scholars, Christian celebrities, etc.) - your over-emphasis of "numbers" in the Bible can only lead to "private interpretation" of the words of God and an "elitist attitude", that you know something that we don't know.

Much of what you have presented on this Forum is "cloaked" in a "mystical", "obscure", or "allegorical" manner. God wants His people (Christians) today to understand his words. He doesn't speak to us in Parables or "numerical" mysteries (cloaked in New Age lingo) in the church age.

The ultimate purpose of all Bible instruction today should be to: "Edify" NOT "Mystify" the brethren.

Proverbs 8:8 All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them.
9 They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.

A word to the wise should be sufficient.