View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemama View Post
I'm 23 and grew up in Church (all different kinds) and just got saved earlier this year. I am currently reading through the Bible. I don't get anything out of reading just a verse or two really.
Aussiemama, as a young Christian, you have just begun your walk with Christ and you’ll have many questions along life’s journey. Some, I might add, may never be answered. I’ve been a Christian now for nearly 30 years and have a lot of questions that I still do not have answers for. Brother George, (who also participates in this Forum) has been saved for 50 years and he still has questions about certain passages.

Above all else, I want to encourage you to purpose and resolve in your heart to know and love Jesus Christ. Do not “leave” your first love. It is the will of God the Father, that Jesus Christ [God the Son] be first in all things. That He has the preeminence in all things and that all fullness dwells in Him. Whatever you do in the Christian life, little sister, do this one thing—love and know Jesus Christ.
Colossians 1:18-19 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

2 Peter 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.
You have asked a difficult question. As you see, there are different answers provided by true fellow believers who love Jesus Christ. You’ll get that your entire Christian life. Although we should seek, and value, the counsel and instruction of others, ultimately, we must understand we are just as capable of understanding God’s word, because we also have the Holy Spirit abiding in us. So I want to encourage you to always remain humble, teachable, and trust God to open your eyes of spiritual understanding through His word.

Regarding your question, our human mind and human reasoning will prevent us from reconciling the “hatred” of God with the “love” of God. This is a doctrine that we must believe and accept because the word of God teaches both aspects of God’s nature. In other words, I encourage you to live the Christian life the same way you entered the Christian life—by grace through faith.
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

2 Timothy 1:13 Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
As born again believers, we have received the forgiveness of sin and the tender mercies of God, we have been delivered from the condemnation and wrath of God, we were once the enemies of God, but have been reconciled with Him by grace through faith in Christ. Because of these undeserved blessings and gifts of God, it is very difficult for us to believe that the Holy Scriptures clearly teach God hates the workers of iniquity, the wicked, and him that loveth violence. But they do.
Psalms 5:4-6 For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee. The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity. Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.

Psalms 11:4-7 The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD'S throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men. The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth. Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup. For the righteous LORD loveth righteousness; his countenance doth behold the upright.
Scripture also clearly teaches us that God loves “sinners” and has a wonderful plan for their life. I actually trusted the Lord Jesus Christ in college in 1979, through the ministry of Campus Crusade for Christ. Who taught that God loves me and has a wonderful plan for my life.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. What love and what a plan for my life!

1 John 4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. What love and what a plan for my life!

Romans 5:8-10 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. What love and what a plan for my life!

1 John 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. What love and what a plan for my life!

Ephesians 2:4-7 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. What love and what a plan for my life!
So in scripture we see both God’s righteous hate, and God’s righteous love. (Brother Parrish did a good job explaining this.)