View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Got a hobby or sport that you love?
post it up, maybe we have something in common...

I'll get things started,
one of the things I like to do with my kids is riding our Sea-Doos out on the lakes. We love getting out on the water, always gives me a chance to reflect on God and His many blessings. It's good clean fun too; these crazy things are a blast; 215 horsepower supercharged engines, 0-60 in about 5 or 6 seconds, they top out at nearly 70 mph... here are a couple of shots of my son having some fun in the sun...

Brother Parrish, in the 1970s-early 1980s I was quite an avid semi professional drag racer, I ran Dodges and Plymouths in Outlaw class. I've built plastic models since I was four years old, my interest in the last 20 years has settled into armored vehicles/artillery pieces. The hobby shop I do most business with has for years sold me items that were returned for missing parts. I buy the kit at a fraction of retail and make the part that's missing. I competed locally at several hobby shops. I repaired my mothers dolls in her collection and later found this useful in repairing human heads when I worked as a mortician.

My main hobby of the last 5 or 6 years in duplicating Plains Indians artifacts. I made my own bow and make my own arrows. I make knives, warclubs, spears, that type thing, mostly I reproduce items they used in day to day life. I made my own set of bone needles and sew with animal sinew. Raw materials can be found at Moscow Hide and Furs and Eidenes Furs, both in Idaho. What people spend for one bottle of whiskey I can keep myself in bones and feathers and beads for six months. One you get into the groove of the American Indian's technology and craftsmanship, it can be a fascinating and satisfying hobby.

We have concealed carry for handguns in Ohio, I asked a local deputy if you got the permit, did you have to carry a gun? He said he didn't know, what did I want to carry? I told him, a tomahawk, and the look he gave me was what we used to call in high school, "precious".

I agree with you, if you have a hobby you enjoy, it's something that can become second nature to you and give you a great deal of time to focus and think.

Grace and peace brother

Tony