View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post

There are 3 basic “interpretations” for these verses:

1. Women are not to speak at all in a church (an assembly – not a building).

2. Women are not to preach or teach God’s word in a church (i.e. speak to the assembly of Christians in regards to preaching or teaching God’s word).

3. Women are not to speak in tongues at all in a church (an assembly – not a building).

[/SIZE]
I think I am still leaning to #1 of these basic interpretations. If we were allowed to speak (in the general sense), then why couldn't we ask the pastor or anyone else questions about the sermon? Why does the Bible specify:

"And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church." 1 Corinthians 14:35

It seems to mean it is a shame to speak at all, not just preaching.

Actually, it seems quite clear to me now because 1 Corinthians 14:35 seems to speak of a regular female church-goer trying to learn FROM the pastor...not trying to preach herself.

If this is truly what is taught, I am fine with it, I just need to find a way to obey. If someone says "Hello", I do what? Should I move to a different church? I don't know any Christian churches where women don't speak at all.