View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind and Body View Post
Hi, I am new here, but, since most everyone here is a Protestant who disagrees with Catholicism, I want a definitive answer, with Biblical evidence. I am a Baptist myself, but I am not convinced that Roman Catholics are damned. If anyone here thinks that they are, then will you please tell me why? Because Chick and the like say that they are.
Of course a Roman Catholic can be saved.

Quote:
Brother Parrish correctly wrote: People are not condemned because of their denomination, they are condemned because of their unbelief.

"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." - John 3:18
To me, the relevant question is: "Can a true born-again "Catholic" continue to follow the false teaching of Catholicism?"
2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
John 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.