View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzoff1031 View Post
It's very possible you are right. I believe in my mind that I'm a sinner. I believe in my mind that Jesus's death on the cross is the only reason I would be spared the torment of hell, because He had to say the price of my sins, which 47 death. I believe these things! But how do I if past mere belief? Must I rely on God for everything including my faith? Must I realize that I can't even have faith without Him? must I simply begin reading the Bible and going to a Bible believing church and rely on God for the rest? I just don't know what to do. I relate to two phrases out of the Bible that I don't know where they are. One: What must I do to be saved? Two: Lord I believe. Help Thou my unbelief.
Buzz, you sound a lot like a minister. Are you in Bible college or seminary? When the people in Acts 2 cried out, "What shall we do?" it was because they were pricked in their heart by Peter's preaching. Please forgive me if I'm wrong, but I perceive I'm not reading the post of a man pricked in his heart.

Luke 18:13 has this prayer, "God, be merciful to me a sinner." Ask the Lord to help you get to this point. Review the 10 Commandments and know that if you even break one in your lifetime God sees you as a transgressor of the Law, a sinner, and you can never undo that. For that sin you earn death. Your only hope is for someone who is not guilty to come and take your place. This is why it was important that the Lord Jesus Christ never sin. Not in word, thought or deed, and not even once. He took our place. Because he satisfied the judgement against us, we can go free.

Last edited by ChaplainPaul; 05-18-2009 at 12:02 PM.