View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 07:03 PM

Location: Colorado, a beautiful state with four distinct seasons; sometimes in the same day!
Default Speaking of the devil

Right after I posted here, I checked on an email notice I had, and sure enough, Rick Norris was at it again. Here is my answer to him. Rick is now calling himself Coverdale. This is actually a code name meaning Coverup.

Coverup's Constant Cavilings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coverdale
(a.k.a. Rick Norris) Why do you skip over the fact that if "God forbid" was properly found in the Geneva and Bishops' Bible, why did the KJV translators change it to "far be it" at 2 Samuel 20:20?

Since you claimed that "God forbid" was properly found in Tyndale's and Matthew's Bible, why the KJV translators change it to "Not so" at Acts 10:14?
(end of Rick Norris' post that I copied. I ignored the rest.)

Rick, your constant cavilings only show that you have no idea of the workings of the Sovereign God of the Universe who keeps His promises to give us "the book of the LORD". Your whole focus is on the abilities and failing of fallen man. You yourself are clearly not satisfied with any Bible out there in Biblelon today.

It is blatantly obvious to all of us who actually have a Book that we believe, that your yourself have no such Book. You constantly drone on about how different people rendered various words from one version to the next, but you yourself will never come right out and tell us what your "original languages" actually say about anything. Why? Because you do not know how your "original languages" read nor what they mean.

God Himself is completely out of the picture with you and how you view the preservation of His words into a perfect and 100% true Holy Bible in any language. In your view, God has dropped the ball, or didn't really mean what it appears He said, and the best He has been able to do as far as preserving His words in history is to have them "out there somewhere" among thousands of scraps of musty manuscripts (most of which no longer exist at all) and has left it up to us to squabble about what might be the best way to translate a particular word or phrase IF we can agree that it should even be in our multi-choice "bibles" or not. But you can't agree among yourselves whether the word should be in or out, and people are reading these lifeless rags you guys keep churning out less and less every day.

You're an interesting guy, Rick. Sort of like watching a train wreck or a house burn down.

Will K