Thread: The sons of God
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinvw View Post
Bro. Tony, I'm going to have to say that you're flat out wrong about your presumptions that Christ had no sin nature. I don't know of any scriptures that support your position but I do know that the book of Hebrews definitely says that Jesus was like us being tempted to sin, and was made perfect through obedience. You can have your Jesus that never was tempted and doesn't know what it's like to have the natural man nagging at Him all the time, and I will take the Jesus of the Bible that overcame the natural man and the devil put them down every time, who will also help me to do the same because He experienced it Himself.
Kevin, this is the view of the Seventh Day Adventists. And we are even: I think you have "flat" moved over into the Land Of Heresy and ye do err, not knowing the Scriptures in order to prove a point in a Bible forum.

He was tempted to sin, He was tempted as we are but the difference is that we go right ahead and steal, and break the Law which is what sin is, He didn't. He couldn't. God can't get hungry, Jesus got hungry. God don't sleep, Jesus got sleepy. God don't tire, Jesus got weary. God don't feel physical pain, Jesus endured a physical pain none of us could endure. God cannot die, Jesus was dead for 3 days. That don't give Him the capacity to sin. Jesus Christ was human, He was God also.

I know the fad in this forum has been for a number of weeks now not to quote Scripture, people have said "Yea, hath God said?" before to me and it did about as much good then as it does now:

Ro. 9:14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

What was He "obedient" to? Temptation?

Heb 2:10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
Heb 5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
1Pe 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Kevin, I think you need to study to show thyself approved unto God, not me or the forum. To even hint that Jesus Christ was capable of sinning is to say He had a sin nature, and if that is not heresy, I don't know what is.

But I'm not going to tie you to a fencepost and set you on fire.

Grace and peace brother

Tony