View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 11:48 AM

OK, I shouldn't have used the word snafu, I didn't even really know what it stood for until I googled it just now. Its something I always heard my mom say, and I didn't know it was vulgar until 2 minutes ago. Considering I don't use vulgar language at all in my life, that's one more term I will delete from my vocabulary.
Thanks for calling my attention to that, I honestly had no clue what it literally meant, only the connotation my mom had used it in.

I too, have sincerely asked the Lord to reveal to me His truth from the Book. I too have its author inside me. I've learned much from His guidance in the Book, and the Book IS my final authority. I've also had various preachers highlight things I hadn't seen before, and they turned out to be 100% true. Even if I initially hear something from a man, I will only believe it if the Book supports it.

I came across a sermon a good church friend of mine (IFBBB) handed me on CD, and I listened to it, not knowing anything about Estep's past. What I heard on that sermon alone included absolutely nothing about headship usurpation. If I had heard a blatant heresy, I would have rejected it, but I didn't hear anything except a good study on the 70 weeks, which motivated me to study this topic more carefully.
The reason I sigh is because everyone is all over me for referencing this guy's sermon, and asking for a discussion on the CONTENT of THAT sermon, NOT the guy.
People are implying that I condone hereticks, advocate Estepism?, that I seek truth from men alone, and that I want to wrest scripture for some agenda.
The reason it hurts me is because nobody is willing to look at the evidence put forward about the 70 weeks, but rather get their hackles up over Estep and paint me out to be heretical for asking questions about his viewpoint on the 70 weeks.

Its interesting that you brought up Apollos:

1 Corinthians 3:6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
1 Corinthians 3:7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

Paul planted (inspired), Apollos watered (not inspired), but God gave the increase.
Its also very interesting to note that Apollos was an heretick before he got straightened out, and THEN God used him for great things.

If Estep was making heretical statements in the sermon I heard, then I would have already rejected it. But the 70 weeks have nothing at all to do with the submission thing, which was probably done many years before the 70 weeks. Why then can't we learn something about the 70 weeks by comparing scripture with scripture?

For the record, I resolutely beleive that headship usurpation over the church is blasphemous, and I would never allow a Nicolaitan to rule over me.
I don't condone leaven, I don't accept heresy, I don't promote any man as being above the Word of God.

I truely love God and the Book He gave us, and I just want to learn more about it. I do my daily devotions, my study time, my prayer time, continual prayer throughout the day, soul-winning, fellowship, church services throughout the week, Bible study group, and I do all these with a sincere desire to be led and used by God for His will. I'm sure I don't know everything, and that's why I seek to learn. I heard a good explanation of Daniel's 70 weeks, I wanted to learn more. I brought it to this congregation on the forum, hoping to share and receive about this topic from other brothers who love the Word as I do.
I know that prophecy isn't as important as salvation, seperation or edification, but if He put it in the Book, then its profitable. It doesn't overshadow my other areas of growth.

Anyways, it was busy today at work after all, George, I'll get to your post tonight, if I can find some extra time.

In Christ,
~Brian.