View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 06:41 AM

Brother the is no need to "Sigh" I never said that YOU were a man follower, if you re-read my posts I was stating that I would never listen to anything (theories or otherwise) from a man who claimed he was the head of HIS Church over Christ. I wont reply regarding the 70 weeks, I believe what I have read in scriptures and confirmed by the Holy Ghost as truth. If something I read or hear dosent ring true to me I search the scriptures and study to show my self approved Onto GOD for the truth and do you know what Brother my Lord never fails me when I ask in all sincerity and truth.
I used to listen to sermons from a whole lot of different preachers and teachers and the more I listened to each individual and their pet doctrines the more confused and disheartened I became with the subjects. So prayerfully one day I sat on the end of my Bed with my Bible in my hands and asked the Lord from that point on to show me truth irrelevant of its consequence through his Holy Written word.

Psalms 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

The GREATEST teacher we can and will EVER have just waits on us asking his direction and delights when we do.
John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

And if we are led by Gods spirit then we can produce the truth in our lives
Ephesians 5:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth; )

I urge you Brother DONT listen to sermons, dont read other authors (doctrines, theology) even if only for a couple of weeks and soley and prayerfully depend on and read God and I guarantee that you will be blessed with a refreshed pair of eyes toward his Holy Word and a renewed truth within you.

1 Corinthians 3:6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
1 Corinthians 3:7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

Quote:
we could have avoided this snafu.
PS Brother using the acronym SNAFU in regards to the post isn't particularly fitting to a Christian Bible believing forum, considering its meaning.

Last edited by peopleoftheway; 04-10-2009 at 06:54 AM.