View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 11:55 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzoff1031 View Post
I know that I need to just settle down and realize I have THE Word of God in the KJB. I mean, God promised to preserve His Words. If so, it has to be perfectly preserved somewhere.
Yes, He did promise to preserve them, and He did it so you could have them and understand them too, you're on the right track!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzoff1031 View Post
It's like salvation for me. It just seems to simple. It's very hard for me to understand that all I have to do is realize that I have sinned against God (which I do), and believe that Jesus is the only way to cover and pay for that sin. It seems too simple and easy for me.
Jesus said, "my yoke is EASY and my burden is LIGHT." (Matthew 11:30)

Only when you truly understand the utter depravity of man, and how utterly incapable man is of saving himself, will you then see clearly that only God could solve this problem in the way that He did on the cross. Remember, although it seems easy now, for Christ is was very costly.

Quote:
Same with the KJB. It seems to simplistic to think that the KJB really is the same Bible God penned by Moses, and Isaiah, and Matthew, and John, and Paul, etc. My thoughts are so getting in the way. I don't know how to get past these things!
Just pray and read the Bible. The great truth is, our Bible is even better than the independent writings of those men, because it is complete!