View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 06:02 PM
Joy-in-the-Lord

Just some scriptures which I believe show that God gives us choice as to whether to follow Him or the enemy.

Deuteronomy 30: 19I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Proverbs 1: 29For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:

Proverbs 3: 31Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways.

Proverbs 8: 10Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold. [Here obviously he is being instructed to follow truth rather than the ways of the world...hence there is a choice.]

Isaiah 28: 12To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear. [If the people did not have the choice whether to listen or not why would God send His prophets to teach and exhort? Why would God waste His time? God never wastes His time, it's impossible.]

Jeremiah 17: 23But they obeyed not, neither inclined their ear, but made their neck stiff, that they might not hear, nor receive instruction. [Obedience denotes a choice.]

Zechariah 1: 4Be ye not as your fathers, unto whom the former prophets have cried, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Turn ye now from your evil ways, and from your evil doings: but they did not hear, nor hearken unto me, saith the LORD.

Matthew 24: 43But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. [The goodman of the house obviously had the choice whether to watch for the Lord or not.]

John 11: 40Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God? [Belief or non-belief is a choice, if it weren't a choice would Jesus not have said: I told you that WHEN you believed you should see the glory of God].

Acts 17: 27That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: [Seeking the Lord is a choice...why seek what we already have, why feel after something we already have?]

Acts 28: 24And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.

These are just some scriptures for consideration.

Blessings.