View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
"Israel is no where in the picture either at the point of Noah's cursing Canaan. you would really need to stretch that to make it fit Israel. Everyone living at that time would be considered Gentiles"

Ex. 1:8 Now there arose up a new king over Egypt, which knew not Joseph.
9 And he said unto his people, Behold, the people of the children of Israel are more and mightier than we:
10 Come on, let us deal wisely with them; lest they multiply, and it come to pass, that, when there falleth out any war, they join also unto our enemies, and fight against us, and so get them up out of the land.
11 Therefore they did set over them taskmasters to afflict them with their burdens. And they built for Pharaoh treasure cities, Pithom and Raamses.
12 But the more they afflicted them, the more they multiplied and grew. And they were grieved because of the children of Israel.
13 And the Egyptians made the children of Israel to serve with rigour:
14 And they made their lives bitter with hard bondage, in morter, and in brick, and in all manner of service in the field: all their service, wherein they made them serve, was with rigour.

Brother Chette, if a poll were taken of each member of this forum of what is it about this forum gets on your nerves the most, I'm sure each of us would have things annoying to each of us. Mine is having to read the Scriptures for people, draw them a picture, and grieve at the personal and denominational glee many disconnect portions of the Scriptures from some places, and have a mortal fear of putting two verses together in other places.

"2)No one said anything about White American Gentiles."

Sure they did, Read the thread. There are people in this forum, there are people in this thread who believe the "curse" extends to this day, the Church Age, and that Negroes, all Negroes, are the "cursed", and have to step off the sidewalk into the gutter to let me pass. Dr. Ruckman, who is guru for so many in this forum in general believes it, he teaches it. His clones teach it Others who have never heard of him teach it. The Klan, the Aryan Brotherhood, Christian Identity, who know nothing of Christ nor being reconciled to God, sure know Genesis 9, or think they do.

For your information, my grandmother's grandfather was the largest and most brutal slave dealer in the tri-state area of Kentucky, Tennessee, and West Virginia in the mid-1800s, I know how blacks were treated, and no one on this planet, let alone this forum, can show one verse of Scripture to justify that brutality.

As Hitler said, beans is beans and schnapps is schnapps. There is only one "curse" that extends to this day, the curse Adam placed on the flesh of all of us the second week after Creation, yet this curse was taken away on the cross of Calvary. We may die physically, we will have immortality because He is Immortal.

Grace and peace Chette

Tony
I don't get it Tony, Maybe I missed something. I am reading the same scriptures as you.

Exodus 1 is not about Ham's son Canaan. if is about Shem's descendant Israel. Noah did not curse the son of Shem but the son of Ham the younger brother of Shem. How can Noah's cursing of Canaan In Genesis 9 be applied to the son of Shem, Israel in Exodus 1?

remember too we are not to rightly connect the word of truth but divide. I don't know how you connect the curse of Ham to Shem's descendants.

I admit to my mistake to lump all black's together in the cursing of Canaan descendants and that I will admit is wrong for now I realize not ALL Blacks can come from one group. But Archeology does support that the people who lived in Canaan before Israel were black headed and it isn't talking about hair color.

That brutality of slaves you relatives did in the 1800 was not as bad as that which was inflicted on Israel from Genesis 50 to Exodus 1. They had their baby boys cast into the river to drown or to be eaten by crocodiles. and many Egyptians at that time were black headed. it wasn't until the invasion by the Babylonian kings that white blood mixed to Egypt shortly after Israel left Egypt and Archeology shows that as well.

I agree all men were cursed with sin nature but that is not the only curse still extending to today. the ground is still cursed, women are still cursed with increase conceiving, and snakes still eat the dust of the earth.