View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
That sounds like a catholic mass, where they used the Eucharist, the belief that the consecrated wafer and wine are miraculously changed into the actual body and blood of Jesus in a process they call transubstantiation.

1413. By the consecration the transubstantiation of the bread and wine into the Body and Blood of Christ is brought about. Under the consecrated species of bread and wine Christ himself, living and glorious, is present in a true, real, and substantial manner: his Body and his Blood, with his soul and his divinity [cf. Council of Trent: DS 1640; 1651.].--" Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC); (C) 1994/1997 United States Catholic Conference, Inc.
The Episcopal church in America is the sister church of the Anglican church in England.

We were never taught that the bread became the actual body of Christ, but neither were we taught that we needed to be born again. I was a casual 'attendant' of the Episcopal church for years, and thought that I had to be more 'good' than 'bad' to go to Heaven.

How many others have gone to Hell that way?