View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 09:33 AM

Quote:
An example would be: A person says that he believes that the KJB is completely accurate. Another says that the KJB does not have any errors or mistakes. Are these two making the identical statement?
I have read of a person who says something like the King James Bible is completely accurate, but then goes on to explain how that while the translation is accurate, there is always the possibility of further meanings in the original languages, because, according to this person, it is not possible to take over a 100% from one language to another. This person denies that the English Bible is inerrant, that is, without error.

Quote:
A person says that he believes that the KJB is completely accurate. Another says that the KJB does not have any errors or mistakes. Are these two making the identical statement?
Therefore, these are not the same statement. The one who says the King James Bible is without any error is the one who is believing consistently. The one who just thinks it is completely accurate is a step short.

Of course, I do believe the KJB is completely accurate, but I also believe it is without error. It is exactly true, with no error even in one jot or tittle.