View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
Jacqui, I am a Grace Dispensationalist, sometimes called a "hyperdispensationalist", and it is being taught within the Grace Movement and there is a minor contention at this time in the Grace Movement, regarding "born again" applying to Israel only. If the New Birth is applied to Israel only I don't see what Paul's "new creatures" are. I believe we(Jew and Gentile today), as they(Israel) both need to be born again. I'm at odds with some of my Grace brethren on that topic, I'm at odds with my Grace brethren on several topics.

My belief and teaching is that the people Peter wrote to were the "strangers" of Acts Two and cross-refers there:

I Peter 1:1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

They are "strangers" becasue they are not within the physical commonwealth of Israel and are strangers in their birth or adopted homelands.

Paul wrote to Jewish churches as well as Gentile:

2Pe 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

There were Jews in the Roman church, the church at Corinth was primarily Jewish, and as discussed in another thread, I believe internal evidence of the Scriptures make it clear to me that Paul wrote Hebrews. As Paul claimed to be, a wise masterbuilder, if we let him be a wise masterbuilder, we can see he was involved in both churches stretching through 3 dispensations.

As a member of the Grace Movement, I do reject water baptism, tongues, signs, and wonders as doctrines for the Body of Christ today, but I am not so nit-picky as to reject the New Birth. I believe it is heresy to do so.

Grace and peace to you, welcome to the forum, and your testimony on the Scriptures with relation to the KJV has made waves and knocked teeth out in venues far removed from this forum. Great is thy faith sister, for He has dealt you a massive measure because you believed Him, not the world.

grace and peace.

Tony
Thanks Tony for your encouragement about my testimony and for explaining about the born again thing. I had never heard of a Christian not believing that we had to be born again and when I read this, I was shocked. I didn't understand that it was part of some sort of doctrinal dispute.

The things you miss when you keep to yourself. lol

Now to go look up that word hyperdispensationalist.