View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui2411 View Post
But do a word search and you only find the words born again spoken of concerning Israel it is found only in the books of those who taught Israel the Gospel of Grace. Paul never taught that we were born again in any of his writings and the closest he would have come was Ga 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him [that was born] after the Spirit, even so [it is] now. we the body of Christ do become new creatures in Christ. And though we may have been born with a dead spirit we were brought to life by Christ's Blood and resurrected life, not by being born again. I am not making any kind of doctrine against using the term born again I only am pointing it out it was never used by Paul consernig the body of Christ

Just a comment in regards to your statement about not everybody being born again. Peter talks about this and he is not talking just to Israel.
Also, Paul did refer to those Corinthians as "babes" in 1 Cor 3:1:

1 Corinthians 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. 2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

This compliments what Peter said to those believers in 1 Peter 2:2 "As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:"

A general rule when rightly dividing the scripture to understand Church Age doctrine, is to use Paul's writings to the church as a measuring stick, and where another writer contradicts Paul you stay with Paul. The above examples from 1 Corinthians & 1 Peter demonstrate that there is no contradiction between what both men wrote in reference to those believers being babes/newborn babes fed with milk. This fits in with what John said about being born again, because when you are born again you start off as a baby again. That's my take on it anyway.

Just because John and Peter coined the phrase "born again", and Paul didn't mention it, doesn't mean that Church Age Christians are not born again. Those who teach such are called hyper-dispensationalists in my circles, they go overboard in their dividing of the Bible.