View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 07:06 AM

Default Born again

But do a word search and you only find the words born again spoken of concerning Israel it is found only in the books of those who taught Israel the Gospel of Grace. Paul never taught that we were born again in any of his writings and the closest he would have come was Ga 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him [that was born] after the Spirit, even so [it is] now. we the body of Christ do become new creatures in Christ. And though we may have been born with a dead spirit we were brought to life by Christ's Blood and resurrected life, not by being born again. I am not making any kind of doctrine against using the term born again I only am pointing it out it was never used by Paul consernig the body of Christ

Just a comment in regards to your statement about not everybody being born again. Peter talks about this and he is not talking just to Israel.

Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied. 1 Peter 1:1-2

He is writing to the strangers scattered all over the place.

1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Then in the process of describing their condition, he calls them born again.

I understand that Peter preached mainly to Israel but in fact he was the first one to share the gospel with those outside of Israel, look at Cornelieus. Plus this letter states who it is addressed too. It does not follow that those who were strangers were necessarily members of Israel.