View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman View Post
Yes, great answers by both George and Tony

I agree with Brother George, we have to be very careful making assumptions, and when we do, they have to make sense.

I too believe Adam and Eve had many children who are not mentioned in scripture. Adam lived 930 years, so he must have been extremely healthy to say the least, as I am sure Eve was also. And both being formed by God himself, they most likely were both very handsome and beautiful. And I am sure Adam and Eve loved each other very much. I cannot imagine two healthy, beautiful, and in-love people who could wait years to come together as some suggest.

And Tony, I like what you said:
Brother, thank you for your kind words, I just spoke the truth is all. Read Hebrews from this perspective: You are a Jew, you are being preached Christ, you are being told that everything in the OT was about, of, for, with, through, and pointing to Jesus Christ. It gives a new and radical(and sound)perspective on the OT Scriptures. Is there a "gap" between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2? Who cares, what does it have to do with Jesus Christ? Genesis says that there were giants BEFORE the Flood and AFTER the flood. How did that happen? Obvious and simple: Noah's wife or one of his daughter-in-laws carried the genes. Kewl. What does that have to do with Jesus, as I told Nehemiah, what similitude can we see that points to Christ? WHO Melchisidec was is not as important as WHAT he was, a type of the eternal priest that Christ is now, so I don't worry about WHO he was.

Grace and peace to you.

Tony