View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKG View Post
One problem I see is that my young friend says "So when given he had Seth at 130 yrs old and then lived for 800 yrs and beget sons and daughters" when the Bible actually says:
And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters: (Genesis 5:4)
Craig, I take a stone, a good stake of hardwood, and with a mixture of dried deer dung, pine sap, and hide glue("Indian Epoxy"), I lash these together with wet sinew and wet rawhide, and make very useful and museum quality reproductions of a Plains Indian warclub. What any cult; Catholicism, Camping, Watchtower, etc., does is take preconceived notions and man-made ideas and then they use Scripture as glue and sinew to try and glue together a belief.

Your friend needs to do this: Anywhere in the Old Testament, any verse, any precept, the first thing that needs to be done is make the Lord Jesus Christ the center of that verse or precept. Anything, any incident, that occurs in the OT, ask yourself, what type, figure, similitude, is this to Jesus Christ?

People say what they will about Peter Ruckman, some true, most of it is false, but I was a confused ex-Church Of Christ refugee with no guidance, no idea where to turn, because my canon of Scripture was Mark 16 to Acts 2. I met some people who owned a Christian bookstore and I took to reading Dr. Ruckman, and he made a statement about understanding the OT in that if you put Jesus Christ into every verse,, every prophecy, every incident, then the OT will not be a mystery, nor will it contain any mystery. Jesus Christ is the Name above every name, the center of all we do to the glory of God the Father with the Holy Ghost as our Helper. When we don't worry about "gaps" and races of humans other than the one He has given us record of and view the OT as Jesus Christ being the end of, then we can dismiss false theories.

And Dr. Ruckman was 100 percent right.

1. Cain(Israel) the firstborn of Adam(as Israel was God's firstborn son)slew his
brother Abel(Christ)because Abel offered sacrifice to God by faith and not his own works.
2. God clothed Adam and Eve(us) in the skins of innocent lambs(Christ)to cover our nakedness(our sins)from His sight.

Is that a good primer to begin?

Now to this cult:

1. There are NO races other than the ones God created through Adam and Eve. "Lillith", the "demon wife" of Adam, is a Babylonian myth("Lilu") the Jews picked up while in Captivity in Babylon, just as these people are making a myth of dead stones and dead wood and trying to lash them together with the glue and sinew and leather stripped from the Scriptures so they can use it to bash the Truth over the head.
2. Genesis 5 is,as I tried to explain to another man in another thread in this forumabout Genesis 1:1, an overview with a purpose. We are told with no uncertain doubts that God created humanity that then propagated through Adam and Eve, and told a story that is a similitude of Jesus Christ by focusing on the first two children born, Cain and Abel, we are not told that Adam and Eve had other sons and daughters because it is not relevant to the typology we are being taught with Cain's hatred and jealousy of Abel, as Israel hated and was jealous of Jesus Christ. These cultists are throwing up a smokescreen and reading things into the Scripture that is not there. Maybe Tom Hanks and Ron Howard will instruct Dan Brown to read this thread and check out this cult and make yet another silly horror movie, but that is just what this cult teaches, the plot for a one-star horror movie. I write horror and know fiction when I see it.

Cain was a farmer and Abel kept sheep. For who? Who ate the fruits of their labor? Their mother, father, and their sisters and brothers. Adam had a son who murdered the second son and then waited 130 years to have another son and then sons and daughters? Genesis 5 tells a story of humanity's creation, God called Adam and Eve and their descendants "Adam". It's then we settle in to see the beginning of the line of flesh ancestors of Jesus Christ.

Always follow this rule, this is one of the tenets of The Cult Of Tonybonesism: Start with Scripture first and a pre-conceived notion, and Scripture will win over the pre-conceived notion. But if you start with a pre-conceived notion and then add Scripture to try and glue it together, you end up with a cult.

Always stick with Scripture, and always make the Lord Jesus Christ the center of that Scripture and you will never go wrong.

Grace and peace and my prayers you can make some of these people see the truth.

Tony

Last edited by tonybones2112; 04-21-2009 at 12:35 PM. Reason: misspelling