View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 06:19 PM
sting of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Mikie View Post
I know all to well about the nastiness of non-KJB people. I had one "talk loudly" to me for over 2 hours. My point was about not being convincing enough. The last church I pastored understood that I use the KJB and nothing else (as far as versions are concerned). My associate pastor just couldn't accept any of my "arguments". So, he needs more convincing.
yup, my last church flat out came against the king james bible, saying it was archaic, was totally wrong, i defended it to the point almost all my friends in that division of the church denomination didn't want anything to do with me.. and i never said anything about their versions other than to warn them about the missing verses. they always went on the attack and i always went on the defense. toward the end of my time their i had enough and i wouldn't back down, or let the other people back down, i'd be debating them 5 and 6 against me.. it was one of the contributing factors to me giving up my ministry in that denomination. in fact a pastor friend of mine was ordered by his church to use newer bible versions, he refused, then they tried ordering him to soften up on his messages, not to be so focussed on holiness, and repentance.. he sat down with them and had it out and eventually told them "look i'm the pastor, i'll use what bible i wanna use, and i'll preach on whatever i feel lead to preach on, and if you got a problem with that the take it up with God, because i'm the pastor and it's my job to preach and teach the truth if it is welcome or not" that day he laid down his ordination credentials on the table in the boardroom and ceased to be in the assemblies of God.