View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 01:40 AM

I have looked into the "Pure Cambridge Edition". I have compared it to a Nelson King James Bible. All the things to look for in the "Pure Cambridge Edition" listed on http://www.bibleprotector.com/purecambridgeedition.htm, such as :

HOW TO KNOW THE
PURE CAMBRIDGE EDITION OF THE KING JAMES BIBLE

It is important to have the correct, perfect and final text of the King James Bible, since there are correctors (e.g. publishers) who have changed some aspects of King James Bible texts. The final form of the King James Bible is the Pure Cambridge Edition (circa 1900), which conforms to the following:

1. “or Sheba” not “and Sheba” in Joshua 19:2

2. “sin” not “sins” in 2 Chronicles 33:19

3. “Spirit of God” not “spirit of God” in Job 33:4

4. “whom ye” not “whom he” in Jeremiah 34:16

5. “Spirit of God” not “spirit of God” in Ezekiel 11:24

6. “flieth” not “fleeth” in Nahum 3:16

7. “Spirit” not “spirit” in Matthew 4:1

8. “further” not “farther” in Matthew 26:39

9. “bewrayeth” not “betrayeth” in Matthew 26:73

10. “Spirit” not “spirit” in Mark 1:12

11. “spirit” not “Spirit” in Acts 11:28

12. “spirit” not “Spirit” in 1 John 5:8

All of these things are correct as mentioned on the site in the Nelson King James Bible except the word "cleft" was changed to "cliffs" in one verse. The reason I dont want to read the Nelson Bible I used to compare with, is because of the footnotes and references (It is a study bible). From what I have read in the forums, the footnotes can sometimes not be correct interpretations, therefore, I would prefer not to have them, and trust God to give me the correct interpretation.

I would like to know a little more in detail what difference there is from the Pure Cambridge Edition & the 1769 King James Version & the 1611 version, and whether or not the Pure Cambridge Edition contains the Apocrypha, and is the Pure Cambridge edition the same thing as the AV of 1611 ? I think if that can be answered for me, my decision will be made. And I want to thank everyone that has responded for their help! It has helped me alot in my goal for the truth.

Last edited by illusionznc; 12-15-2008 at 01:45 AM.