View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 07:31 AM

just that Paul does not use certain words yet the allusions are there. like discipleship

it was just an observation of what you said in post #3, "The perspective of Paul's writings (which he received from Jesus) were after the cross and were directed towards those who had been saved and born again."

you used the words Born Again in connection with Paul's ministry but Paul never uses those words in any of his writings but Jesus did use it. you have a reason for discipleship not being used but none for Born Again. So I just made a point Paul never used the words Born Again in Post #6.

My later question was brought out as to why a Jew or Israeli would need to be born again. I know Jesus used the generic term Man but the context is before the cross, and his ministry was to the men(generic) of Israel.

There is a good reason. seeing they were born into a chosen race physically and trusted in that to have favor of God, so being Born Again Spiritually would be on course for a Jew that is the context of John 3.

Last edited by chette777; 05-14-2009 at 07:44 AM.