View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 09:15 AM
LeeM1023

Default Which KJV?

There are many choices here, and I've never settled on one particular edition. The Cambridge Concord is classic, but at 56 I'm finding the print a bit too small. The Cambridge "Presentation Reference" edition, which was originally called the "Turquoise", has very clear print and good references, but like all Cambridge Bibles it's way overpriced.

I like Thompson, but honestly find it hard to use on a daily basis. It's a little too cumbersome for me to be flipping around the numbered references.

I have an old Collins "Longprimer" concordance edition, black letter, which is probably close to my favorite. It was published in the 1940s.

But the Bible I keep by my bed and keep going back to is an edition published by World (the original World, when it was in Cleveland)--it's large print with in-verse references, printed on a velvety bright white paper . . . it has a terrible coated paper kind of artificial leather cover, but the text is the best I've found. (World was eventually sold to Collins, then the whole thing was sold to a company in Iowa . . . there are still some World Bibles on the market, but I'm not sure who makes them, and they're not the same quality as the old ones.)

Lee