View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 10:31 AM

Default standing up for freedom

Many put emphasis on the fact that sodomy is an abomination to God. Which it is. How much of a fight some Christians put up it telling the world that these sinners put away that sin from their life without looking at the sin in ours. After having this debate many times with sodomites and natural people I came to realize and think of this the way I should look at sin in my life. Many will get up and fight and say we need to make laws against this because it is sin. I don’t see much of a battle over sin when their children are allowed to disrespect their parents at will. The punishment for this was death at one time. If your child was playing out front and you noticed them stepping on ants you would not be very concerned. If you walked out and your child was mutilating cats then you might have a few questions for them. The difference is how we value the sin. What is the punishment for not honouring your parents? What is the punishment for sodomy? Both will lead you to hell because they are both contrary to God’s will. We as natural man have temptations we are born with and temptations we bring on ourselves. The temptation to lie seems too often conditioned into children by parents when they ask things like “Did you get into the cookie jar?" while knowing the answer. Take a person with nicotine addiction. He was not born with that but even after he quits he will always have the temptation. I do not believe a person is born with sodomite temptation. Rather it is a conditioned temptation that only God can help them get over. Same as with many sins in my own life. What is the sin in your life that doth so easily beset you? We expect to see this sodomite completely repent and never go back to that lifestyle while we do not feel the same way about us. Let God forgive us all. Thank God for our forefathers who gave us freedom of religion. We no longer have to send our children to catholic school to be trained and given sacrament. I still feel that religion should be out of government establishments. That includes humanism. For the good of all we should strive. I don’t believe schools should be allowed to teach that sodomy is ok. Thanks to freedom I don’t have to. It was a Baptist preacher named John Leland, George Washington’s chaplain, who worked so hard and allowed us the Bill of Rights and guarantee full religious liberty and the distinct prohibition of the establishment of a church state. He felt that if you want to be a Mormon, you can. But let me and my house be taught Baptist doctrine freely. Thank God we can. And do so.